Why Implant Overdentures?
Over time, retention of dentures can worsen due to bone loss. Implant overdentures can restore this retention by acting as an anchor holding your dentures in.
Advantages of Implant Overdentures
- Assists in retention of both upper and lower dentures.
- Will allow you to chew your food more comfortably and speak clearly.
- Loose dentures that cause embarrassment will be eliminated.
- No need to use denture creams, powders or adhesives.
- If implants are placed on your upper jaw, your palate will be free from the acrylic part of your denture, allowing you to taste and feel hot and cold sensations more thoroughly.
Where are the implants placed?
Implants are placed in your jawbone by either an oral surgeon or an Implant qualified dentist in the sites of the mouth that the surgeon finds most appropriate.
Illawarra Denture Clinic does not perform the surgical part of the implant placing, we construct the over-dentures with the implant locators inside. We do however, refer you to very trustworthy and reliable Dental Surgeons
A locator is placed in the dentures and will “click” onto the implants in your mouth. Immediately giving the denture stability
Will I be able to remove my dentures to clean them?
Yes, the dentures are still removable and able to clean as a normal denture.
There are a number of different retention levels that can be placed inside the denture to suit your particular case.
Get in touch with us today to book an appointment.